Apple's iPhone 5 News Leaves Celebrity Users Unimpressed
Newest smartphone fails to excite the likes of Olivia Wilde, Ricky Gervais and Joy Behar.
Celebrities: They're obsessed with Apple, just like us.
Today's announcement - of a new, taller iPhone with a different charging device, and a new iPod to boot - drew reactions from the gamut of celebrities.
Ricky Gervais echoed the sentiment many people shared on the rapid frequency of the device upgrades, tweeting, “Can't wait for the new iPhone 5. I've had this mint condition, perfectly good, antique iPhone 4 for over a year now. Embarrassing.”
Actress Olivia Wilde appeared apathetic towards the phone frenzy by writing, “Unless the iPhone 5 can also serve as a cushion and/or is made of never-ending dark chocolate, I'm not interested.”
Comedian Neal Brennan was none too thrilled with Apple’s new dock connector, saying, “Maybe Apple will get the message when someone hangs themselves with discontinued charger cables.”
Joy Behar, comedienne and co-host of The View, got political, tweeting, “Apple iPhone 5 debuts! If only people could get this excited about voting.”
Writer/director Richard Kelly commented on the device’s penchant for making people antisocial in real life, saying, “BREAKING: iPhone 5 to feature new 'Eliminate All Human Contact' App.”
Actor/comedian Michael Ian Black was disappointed in the lack of “information” from the promo video. “Just watched the new iPhone 5 video. Doesn't mention whether or not it still sounds like shit,” he quipped.
Comedian Paul Scheer felt the need to inform the public on a (fake) bonus feature on the new phone, tweeting, “The new iPhone comes preloaded with the Entourage movie.”
Lastly, Depressed Darth Vader was, sadly, not impressed. “So the iPhone 5 can't translate 6 million languages like C-3PO, I'm not interested,” he lamented.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay