Apple's iPhone 5 News Leaves Celebrity Users Unimpressed
Newest smartphone fails to excite the likes of Olivia Wilde, Ricky Gervais and Joy Behar.
Celebrities: They're obsessed with Apple, just like us.
Today's announcement - of a new, taller iPhone with a different charging device, and a new iPod to boot - drew reactions from the gamut of celebrities.
Ricky Gervais echoed the sentiment many people shared on the rapid frequency of the device upgrades, tweeting, “Can't wait for the new iPhone 5. I've had this mint condition, perfectly good, antique iPhone 4 for over a year now. Embarrassing.”
Actress Olivia Wilde appeared apathetic towards the phone frenzy by writing, “Unless the iPhone 5 can also serve as a cushion and/or is made of never-ending dark chocolate, I'm not interested.”
Comedian Neal Brennan was none too thrilled with Apple’s new dock connector, saying, “Maybe Apple will get the message when someone hangs themselves with discontinued charger cables.”
Joy Behar, comedienne and co-host of The View, got political, tweeting, “Apple iPhone 5 debuts! If only people could get this excited about voting.”
Writer/director Richard Kelly commented on the device’s penchant for making people antisocial in real life, saying, “BREAKING: iPhone 5 to feature new 'Eliminate All Human Contact' App.”
Actor/comedian Michael Ian Black was disappointed in the lack of “information” from the promo video. “Just watched the new iPhone 5 video. Doesn't mention whether or not it still sounds like shit,” he quipped.
Comedian Paul Scheer felt the need to inform the public on a (fake) bonus feature on the new phone, tweeting, “The new iPhone comes preloaded with the Entourage movie.”
Lastly, Depressed Darth Vader was, sadly, not impressed. “So the iPhone 5 can't translate 6 million languages like C-3PO, I'm not interested,” he lamented.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'