Apple's Steve Jobs Unveils Futuristic New Headquarters Design (Photo)
He tells the tech giant's hometown of Cupertino that the new building, which looks like a spaceship, could open in 2015 and become "the best office building in the world."
NEW YORK - Apple CEO Steve Jobs earlier this week gave the tech giant's hometown of Cupertino, Calif. a sneak preview of plans for a new headquarters that he said could become "the best office building in the world," the New York Post reported on Thursday.
It wasn't immediately clear how much the new building would cost.
To sell Cupertino on the glass circle design, which the company hopes to open in 2015 and which some immediately dubbed the iSpaceship, Jobs spoke in front of the city council.
It was a rare public appearance for the tech mogul who has been on medical leave since early this year. On Monday, he helped unveil Apple's iCloud music and document storage service and other latest products.
"It's like a spaceship landed," Jobs told the Cupertino city council about the proposed new Apple headquarters near the firm's current location, according to the Post. He added that it would house up to 13,000 Apple staff.
The HQ would supply its own energy, feature 6,000 trees and offer all underground parking, it said.
If Cupertino doesn't get on board with Apple's plans, Jobs suggested that Mountain View, where Google is located, could be an alternative, according to the Post.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!