Arad to advise Namco Bandai
Former Marvel CEO to consult with giant after loss
TOKYO – Avi Arad, former CEO of Marvel Studios, is to act as an executive adviser to
Namco Bandai, the toys to video games to animation company.
Arad, who produced franchises including “Spiderman” and “X-Men,” will provide consulting services for the Japanese entertainment giant which is attempting to rejuvenate itself after predicting a full-year loss of 31 billion yen ($337.5 million) earlier this month.
“We plan to ask Mr. Arad for advice on content creation and worldwide development of games, video pictures, music and other content business in general, and on strengthening our overseas Toys and Hobby business,” said Namco Bandai in a statement.
Namco Bandai announced a "Group Restart Plan" that will see 630 job cuts this year, as the company tries to become more flexible and responsive to the many fast-evolving markets in which it operates.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)