Toronto 2012: Arc Productions, Tayrona Films Ink Production Deal
Paradigm brokered the four-film co-production agreement involving the former Starz Animation Toronto studio, now Canadian-owned.
TORONTO – Canadian digital animation studio Arc Productions has signed a four movie production deal with Tayrona Films Inc.
The former Starz Animation Toronto studio, now Canadian-owned, unveiled the multi-picture co-production partnership, brokered by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group, at the Toronto International Film Festival.
As part of the agreement, Tayrona, which is creating a Tayrona Animation division, will finance and produce four films with Arc Productions.
The Canadian partner will in turn produce the feature films as the animation studio, with Tayrona and Arc each contributing two films to the slate deal.
The first film to come from the co-production partnership is The Legends of the Underzoo, an Arc Productions property that is based on a screenplay by Kevin Almeida and Jeff Treppel.
The action adventure story follows a group of animal cubs setting out to find buried treasure when their zoo is threatened.
Tayrona Animation in turn is developing two properties: Darwin: A Galapagos Love Story, and Aurora The Spirit Bear of the North.
Both projects are written by Erik Daniel Shein as part of the co-production deal.
The fourth co-production film is yet to be determined.
Arc Productions has produced the animation for five animated feature films, including Gnomeo and Juliet and 9.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'