Arcade Fire Wows Coachella Audience With Light Show
Big Audio Dynamite, Mumford and Sons and Cage the Elephant were among the other highlights of day 2 of the music festival.
Six years after breaking through as a mid-afternoon buzz band in a 2005 performance widely (and rightly) heralded as the best Coachella set ever, Arcade Fire's headlining set on Saturday night at this year's Coachella proved that history can, indeed, repeat itself. That's because last night the band once again delivered an hour-and-a-half masterwork, capitalizing on the success of their Album-of-the-Year Grammy-winning record “The Suburbs.” Clearly, as a headliner, they couldn't solely coast on the kind of pure energy that was their calling card as a younger band anymore -- in fact, to step it up next level, they had to have balls.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR