ArcLight Cinemas to Open San Diego Theater
The 1,800-seat multiplex will be the company's first cinema outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
Arclight Cinemas is opening a 14-screen multiplex in San Diego at the Westfield UTC Shopping Mall near La Jolla in late 2012, the theater company said Wednesday.
The 1,800-seat complex will be Arclight's first cinema outside of the greater Los Angeles area, where it has four theaters.
Arclight, a unit of Pacific Theatres Entertainment Corp., opened its first theater in Hollywood in 2003. Since then, it has expanded with locations in Sherman Oaks and Pasadena and a recently opened outpost in El Segundo.
“Since 2003, our mission has been to create the ideal moviegoing experience for film lovers and casual moviegoers alike,” said Gretchen McCourt, executive vp cinema programming for Arclight. “Today’s announcement represents a milestone for ArcLight Cinemas, and we cannot wait for San Diego residents to rediscover the joy of going to the movies.”
Like its other multiplexes, Arclight La Jolla will feature the chain's upscale amenities and features, including extra-wide seats with double armrests, stadium seating and screenings exclusive to patrons of 21 years and older at which alcohol will be permitted.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack