Aretha Franklin Begs Halle Berry to Reconsider Biopic Role
After Berry says she can't sing, Franklin says, "Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist's original recordings."
Halle Berry has said she couldn't play Aretha Franklin in a biopic about her life because she can't "carry a tune."
Not a problem for Franklin, who has said she wants the Oscar winner to portray her.
"Many actors have portrayed vocalists by lip-synching to the artist's original recordings," Franklin wrote in a letter read on the Wendy Williams show Monday.
Berry joked to Ryan Seacrest before the Golden Globes: "Someone should tell Aretha that I can't do her justice."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR