Aretha Franklin Makes Surprise Appearance at Grammys (VIDEO)
It's her first public appearance since she was hospitalized, reportedly for pancreatic cancer.
Aretha Franklin made a surprise, pre-taped appearance at the end of the Grammy tribute to her.
"Thank you ladies, I love you all," Franklin said from her Detroit home after Christina Aguilera (who was critisized on Twitter for mumbling the lyrics), Jennifer Hudson, Florence Welch, Martina McBride and Yolanda Adams sang a medley of her hits.
"I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be with you this evening," added Franklin, who has won 18 Grammys. "I especially want to thank all of you who took the time to send me get-well cards and flowers, beautiful flowers… and most importantly, prayers during my time of hospitalization."
Franklin has reportedly been battling pancreatic cancer.
"I especially want to thank Mr. Clive Davis for his concern," she added.
Franklin went on, "I wish that I could have been with you all tonight but since I couldn't… next year, OK?"
"To all the Grammy nominees, good luck!" she added. "Thank you so much. I love you. Have a good evening."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR