Discovery Channel to Air the 'Inside Story' on 'Argo'
Bryan Cranston, one of the movie's stars, narrates the one-hour special, which has been updated from its original 2002 broadcast.
A day before Sunday's Oscars, where Argo is nominated for seven awards, Discovery Channel is giving viewers an inside look at what really happened during the operation that inspired the film.
Narrated by Bryan Cranston, who co-stars as CIA manager Jack O’Donnell in the movie, the one-hour special Argo: Inside Story reveals details of the scheme to disguise six American hostages as a Canadian film crew to be rescued from Iran in 1978.
The special -- which has been updated from its original 2002 broadcast -- includes interviews with key people involved in the real-life events, including CIA agent Tony Mendez. In the Craig Piligian-produced special, he gives his side of the story on how he came up with the plan that included forging official documents in the office of the Canadian Ambassador.
“One of the stamp pads had dried out and I had to mix the right ink color,” Mendez says in the program. “So I went over to the Canadian ambassador’s liquor cabinet and got a bottle of Scotch and poured some on [the pad].”
Argo: Inside Story will air at 10 p.m. Saturday and at noon Sunday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR