CinemaCon 2013: Armie Hammer to Be Named 'Male Star of Tomorrow'
The star of the upcoming "The Lone Ranger" will be honored at this year's convention.
Armie Hammer will receive the “CinemaCon Male Star of Tomorrow Award” at this year’s convention. Managing director Mitch Neuhauser announced Wednesday that the award will be presented on April 18 at the “CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards” ceremony.
“Having already received acclaim for his notable supporting roles in such films as The Social Network, Hammer is poised to really break out this year with his starring role as the fictional icon of American culture, The Lone Ranger,” noted Neuhauser. “For this reason, we cannot think of another talented young actor more deserving of being this year’s ‘CinemaCon Male Star of Tomorrow.’”
Hammer stars as the title character in Disney's forthcoming The Lone Ranger, opposite Johnny Depp’s Native American warrior Tonto. The film tells of how John Reid, a man of the law, transforms into The Lone Ranger, and how Reid and Tonto must work together to fight for justice. The film, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Gore Verbinski, is scheduled for release on July 3.
This year’s CinemaCon is set to run April 15-18 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR