Army Special Forces Veteran Died in Reality Show Helicopter Crash
Michael Donatelli, a cast member on an "untitled military show" in production for Discovery channel, had previously served as a member of the Delta Force while in Iraq.
Michael Donatelli, 45, had retired from the military five years ago after serving for 20 years -- including as a member of the Delta Force while serving in Iraq, according to the Times.
Donatelli was a cast member in what was described by the show's production company, Eyeworks USA, as an "untitled military show" for the Discovery channel.
“They were supposed to do six episodes," Donatelli's father, William, told the Times. "They were working on the first one."
The helicopter -- which is said to have crashed around 3:40 a.m. Sunday -- was flying at Polsa Rosa Movie Ranch on Soledad Canyon Road. Pilot David Gibbs, 59, along with Darren Rydstrom, 45, were also identified as victims, according to multiple reports.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws