Arnett turning 'Semi-Pro' with Ferrell
Will Arnett is reteaming with Will Ferrell by joining the cast of "Semi-Pro," a basketball comedy from New Line. Former New Line exec Kent Alterman is making his directorial debut on the pic.
Written by Scot Armstrong, the story is set in the world of the American Basketball Assn. and follows Jackie Moon (Ferrell), the owner-coach-player of the fictional Flint Michigan Tropics. Moon must lead his team on a desperate attempt to make it to the big leagues.
Arnett will play a hard-drinking sports commentator.
Woody Harrelson and Andre Benjamin already have been cast.
New Line's Toby Emmerich and Cale Boyter will oversee the movie, which is being produced by Jimmy Miller.
Production is slated to begin next month in Los Angeles.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty