Arnett turning 'Semi-Pro' with Ferrell
Will Arnett is reteaming with Will Ferrell by joining the cast of "Semi-Pro," a basketball comedy from New Line. Former New Line exec Kent Alterman is making his directorial debut on the pic.
Written by Scot Armstrong, the story is set in the world of the American Basketball Assn. and follows Jackie Moon (Ferrell), the owner-coach-player of the fictional Flint Michigan Tropics. Moon must lead his team on a desperate attempt to make it to the big leagues.
Arnett will play a hard-drinking sports commentator.
Woody Harrelson and Andre Benjamin already have been cast.
New Line's Toby Emmerich and Cale Boyter will oversee the movie, which is being produced by Jimmy Miller.
Production is slated to begin next month in Los Angeles.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR