Arnett turning 'Semi-Pro' with Ferrell
Will Arnett is reteaming with Will Ferrell by joining the cast of "Semi-Pro," a basketball comedy from New Line. Former New Line exec Kent Alterman is making his directorial debut on the pic.
Written by Scot Armstrong, the story is set in the world of the American Basketball Assn. and follows Jackie Moon (Ferrell), the owner-coach-player of the fictional Flint Michigan Tropics. Moon must lead his team on a desperate attempt to make it to the big leagues.
Arnett will play a hard-drinking sports commentator.
Woody Harrelson and Andre Benjamin already have been cast.
New Line's Toby Emmerich and Cale Boyter will oversee the movie, which is being produced by Jimmy Miller.
Production is slated to begin next month in Los Angeles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR