Arnold Schwarzenegger Cracks Jokes, Skulls in 'Last Stand' Trailer (Video)
The action icon's first starring role since “Terminator 3” hits theaters Jan. 18 and also stars Forest Whitaker.
Arnold Schwarzenegger continues his post-politics career, which has already included a memoir and a supporting role in Expendables 2. The new trailer for The Last Stand reveals more about the comedic side to the action film, courtesy of Luis Guzman and Johnny Knoxville.
The film is the English-language debut of Korean director Jee-woon Kim and follows a border-town sheriff (Schwarzenegger) who must prevent an escaped drug cartel leader (Eduardo Noriega) from fleeing the country. Knoxville and Guzman's characters seem ready to help even if they aren't as tough as Schwarzenegger's sheriff.
The film, the actor’s first starring role since 2003’sTerminator 3: Rise of the Machines, also stars Forest Whitaker and Genesis Rodriguez. It’s slated for a Jan. 18, 2013, release.
Schwarzenegger has several other projects in the works, including The Tomb (with Sylvester Stallone) and director David Ayer’s Ten. His memoir, Total Recall, was released last month to lackluster sales.
Watch the trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack