Arnold Schwarzenegger, David Lynch Among Guests at Dino De Laurentiis' Funeral
Maria Shriver and Baz Luhrmann also attended the memorial service, which took place Monday afternoon in Los Angeles.
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and first lady Maria Shriver along with filmmakers David Lynch and Baz Luhrmann are among those who attended producer Dino De Laurentiis' funeral, held Monday afternoon in downtown Los Angeles.
The two filmmakers were expected to speak during the service, which took place at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels.
The Associated Press reported that many of the guests showed up in red at the request of De Laurentiis' family.
"Dino De Laurentiis did not want to be met with a sea of black at his funeral," the producer's family said Friday in a request. "Please honor Dino by wearing something red -- the color from which he drew power."
De Laurentiis, an Oscar winner for such films as La strada and Nights of Cambria, died last week in his Beverly Hills home at age 91.
Donations in honor of the late producer can be made online or via U.S. mail to the Save the Children charity.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR