Arnold Schwarzenegger Says Governorship Cost Him $200 Mil
Movie star-turned-California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says his two terms as the state's leader cost him $200 million in lost wages and expenses.
Schwarzenegger took no salary as governor and paid for flights between the state capitol in Sacramento and his Los Angeles-area home in Brentwood, Calif.
In an interview with Austria's Krone newspaper, the Terminator and Kindergarden Cop star said the expense was "more than worth it" but noted that the real hardship was on his family, "There is a lot there that needs to be repaired."
Schwarzenegger, who filmed a cameo in Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables while in office, said it was "heartbreaking" to spend time away from his family, and that in his second term, he "tried to fly home every evening."
Schwarzenegger was governor from 2003 until earlier this month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!