Arnold Schwarzenegger Tells '60 Minutes' Affair was the 'Stupidest Thing I've Done' (Video)
The former governor and action star tells Lesley Stahl he "inflicted unbelievable pain" on Maria Shriver and their kids.
It was "the stupidest thing" he's done.
That's how Arnold Schwarzenegger describes his affair with the family housekeeper that led to the birth of an illegitimate son -- and the end of his 25-year marriage to Maria Shriver -- in a new 60 Minutes interview.
In a preview released online on Friday, Schwarzenegger, who is currently promoting his new memoir Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story, faces some tough questions from Lesley Stahl.
"So you lied to her," Stahl says.
"You could say that," Schwarzenegger replies.
"She gave up her television career for you. I mean wow. Was this just the most unbelievable act of betrayal to Maria?" the interviewer presses on.
Schwarzenegger admits that it is, saying, "I think it was the stupidest thing I have done in the whole relationship. ... I inflicted unbelievable pain on Maria and the kids." The book goes into detail about how the affair came out, with Shriver confronting her husband with it at a couples' counseling session.
The full interview airs on 60 Minutes' season premiere, airing Sunday, Sept. 30 at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David