Arnold Schwarzenneger Reading Scripts, Wants Career Like Clint Eastwood
9:40 AM PST 1/18/2011 by THR staff
The former Calif. Governor is eyeing a return to acting - and one role in particular is already "delighting" him.
Former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says he is currently reading three scripts."One topic/script, which I considered a long time ago before governor, is delighting me particularly," he tells Austrian newspaper the Kronen Zeitung, according to the Huffington Post. "In it I would play an older soldier, who gets the order at the ending of the war to kill a bunch of kids. But he doesn't do it and gets them to safety at the risk of his life and it has all kind of adventure. This script is based on a true story!" When it comes to his movie career, Schwarzenegger says he is looking to follow in the footsteps of Clint Eastwood. "In the future I have to adapt my roles to my age," he says. "Clint Eastwood also has done it in the same way. Extreme fighting or shooting is not possible anymore. I want to be more encouraged as an actor and I believe that I can manage this challenge. I am like a sponge, which is absorbing all the knowledge and always be willing to learn all new things."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera