Arnold Schwarzenneger Reading Scripts, Wants Career Like Clint Eastwood
9:40 AM PST 1/18/2011 by THR staff
The former Calif. Governor is eyeing a return to acting - and one role in particular is already "delighting" him.
Former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says he is currently reading three scripts."One topic/script, which I considered a long time ago before governor, is delighting me particularly," he tells Austrian newspaper the Kronen Zeitung, according to the Huffington Post. "In it I would play an older soldier, who gets the order at the ending of the war to kill a bunch of kids. But he doesn't do it and gets them to safety at the risk of his life and it has all kind of adventure. This script is based on a true story!" When it comes to his movie career, Schwarzenegger says he is looking to follow in the footsteps of Clint Eastwood. "In the future I have to adapt my roles to my age," he says. "Clint Eastwood also has done it in the same way. Extreme fighting or shooting is not possible anymore. I want to be more encouraged as an actor and I believe that I can manage this challenge. I am like a sponge, which is absorbing all the knowledge and always be willing to learn all new things."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!