'Arrested Development' Actor Exits Broadway's 'La Cage aux Folles'
On Friday, producers of the musical said Jeffrey Tambor had left the show after performing for just more than one week.
Jeffrey Tambor has exited the Broadway musical La Cage aux Folles, the New York Times reports.
On Friday, producers said the Arrested Development actor had left the revival after Thursday's performance. Tambor performed in the production for more than one week.
Producers issued a statement, saying Tambor "was experiencing complications from recent hip surgery and the pain and the challenge of performing in a musical eight times a week proved to be too physically demanding." It was an amicable split.
A replacement for Tambor will be announced shortly.
Tambor replaced Kelsey Grammer, whose last performance was on Feb. 13, as nightclub host Georges. Grammer married for the fourth time to Kayte Walsh on Friday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR