'Arrested Development's' Jessica Walter Joins TV Land's 'Jennifer Falls' (Exclusive)
The veteran actress will play Jaime Pressly's mother in the project.
An Arrested Development matriarch has landed a plum gig in a return to TV Land.
Jessica Walter, who starred in the network's Retired at 35, has come aboard comedy pilot Jennifer Falls, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Created by The Wonder Years' Matthew Carlson, Falls revolves around Jennifer, a career woman and mother (My Name Is Earl's Jaime Pressly) who must move back in with her own mom with her daughter in tow after being let go from her high-profile job.
Walter will play Maggie, Jennifer's mother, described as a charming, narcissistic psychotherapist with boundary issues who's warm and welcoming to her daughter -- but maybe too welcoming.
Missi Pyle co-stars in the pilot as Dina, Jennifer's childhood best friend who is divorced with a teenage son.
Earlier this year, Walter reprised her role as Lucille Bluth in Netflix's revival of cult comedy Arrested Development and currently voice stars in FX's animated series Archer. She is repped by Innovative Artists.
Production on the pilot, which was created, written and exec produced by Carlson, will begin this month. Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis (Reba, The Exes) also exec produce.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR