Art Directors: What the Future Holds
The guild's Thomas Walsh and John Shaffner on technology, the lack of eco sets and ADG's plans for the next generation.
While advances in technology allow greater creative freedom for members of the Art Directors Guild, issues of education in new media remain. Runaway production and studio belt-tightening also threaten their collective knowledge. Third-term guild president Thomas Walsh and John Shaffner, the newly elected chair of the Art Directors Council (one of four divisions under the ADG umbrella), are passionate about "looking for every opportunity we can to extend the education and life span" of their 2,000 members' careers, says Walsh. On the eve of their organization's annual awards ceremony on Feb. 4, the duo spoke with THR.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR