Art Garfunkel a No-Show for Two Concerts in Sweden
"An unforeseen vocal issue" forced the singer to cancel performances with the "Night of the Proms" tour, his rep tells THR.
Art Garfunkel went AWOL on a pair of performances scheduled for Sept. 28 and 29 in Sweden.
According to Sydsvenskan, Sweden’s daily newspaper, the singer was a no-show at concerts booked in Gothenborg and Malmo, but failed to give proper notice to promoter Julius Malmström.
"This is bad form,” Malmstrom reportedly told the publication, acknowledging that Garfunkel was under the weather. "He seemed fit but not completely happy with his voice. … But if you are sick then you need to go to the doctor and get a certificate for your employer.”
Indeed, according to Garfunkel’s rep, the singer, one-half of revered folk duo Simon and Garfunkel, was suffering from “an unforeseen vocal issue” and “was forced to cancel two shows in Sweden over the weekend. He’s currently back in New York, recovering.”
Garfunkel has been performing with the “Night of the Proms” tour, which also features Anastacia and John Miles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR