'The Artist' Arrives on Home Video in June
Michel Havanavicius' five-time Oscar winner is being released on DVD and Blu-ray with a solid collection of bonus materials.
Five-time Academy Award winner The Artist is being released on Blu-ray and DVD June 26, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced Monday. The 2012 Best Picture winner arrives on home video with a solid collection of bonus features – although a track restoring the silent-era homage’s dialogue isn’t among them.
Written and directed by Michel Havanavicius, who took home Best Director honors at the Academy Awards, Critic’s Choice awards, the French Cesar awards, the film stars Best Actor recipient Jean Dujardin as George Valentin, a silent film star whose budding relationship with an aspiring actress named Peppy Miller (Berenice Bejo) coincides with the advent of sound filmmaking.
Both the Blu-ray and DVD feature UltraViolet, a program that allows consumers to download a digital copy of the film onto their computers. Special features on both the standard- and high-definition releases include a blooper reel, a Q&A with the filmmakers and cast, “Hollywood as a Character: The Locations of The Artist” featurette, "The Artist: The Making of an American Romance” featurette, and four “Artisans Behind The Artist” featurettes focusing on costumes, cinematography, production design and music composition.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David