ASCAP Names John Titta EVP of Creative Services
The veteran executive previously served in senior positions at Warner/Chappell Music and PolyGram Music Publishing.
ASCAP has appointed John Titta executive VP of creative services.
In his new role, Titta will be responsible for ASCAP’s membership creative services staff in all genres and will oversee operations at membership offices in Los Angeles, New York and Nashville. He reports directly to ASCAP CEO John LoFrumento.
"John Titta is truly an outstanding music industry leader with a long list of diverse accomplishments and a wealth of experience running a creative operation," LoFrumento said in a statement. "Throughout his career, he has been an advisor, partner, friend and advocate of songwriters, which makes him a perfect fit for ASCAP. His strong relationships with a variety of members of the music community developed over years, coupled with deep understanding of the professional needs of our members, will strengthen our already impressive Membership team. Under John’s leadership, I’m confident that ASCAP members will continue to receive the very highest standard of service and support."
Titta added: "ASCAP plays such an important role in the lives of its songwriters, composers and publishers. I’ve always been impressed by the innovations ASCAP has introduced to better serve its members both creatively and to protect the health of the profession as a whole. I am thrilled to be joining the leadership team at ASCAP at a time when I believe we will make a real difference in building a strong future for music creators. And, of course, I’m excited about working with so many of the greatest songwriters in the world, as well as working with the Membership staff in developing great new talent."
Previously, Titta served as CEO of MPCA Music Publishing, which he founded in 2006. Prior to that, from 1993 through 2006, he was senior VP/GM of Warner/Chappell Music in New York. Titta began his publishing career in 1985 with Screen Gems/EMI Music, and three years later moved to PolyGram Music Publishing as VP of A&R. He got his start as a session music, performing on albums by Ringo Starr, Gizelle D'Cole and Gregory Abbott.
Titta is also on the board of directors for the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)