Ascot Elite Grabs ‘My Week With Marilyn’ For Germany
The biopic has received two Oscar nominations, including a best actress nod for Michelle Williams.
BERLIN – Ascot Elite has picked up all German rights to Simon Curtis’ double Oscar nominee My Week With Marilyn, signing a deal with The Weinstein Company.
Michelle Williams received a best actress nomination for her turn as screen idol Marilyn Monroe while Kenneth Branagh was nominated in the best supporting actor category playing Sir Laurence Olivier.
The film is set during the filming of 1957 romantic comedy The Prince and the Showgirl and focuses on the tense on-and-off set interaction between Olivier and Monroe. Ascot Elite will bow My Week With Marilyn in Germany in April, after the Oscars.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR