Ashanti Signs Label Services Deal With eOne, First Single Features Busta Rhymes (Audio)
The singer will release her fifth studio album through her own imprint, Written Entertainment.
Ashanti returns to the music scene with a new album and home. As the singer preps for her yet-to-be titled fifth studio album, Ashanti and her own label, Written Entertainment, have signed a worldwide distribution and label services deal with eOne (Entertainment One) Music.
The first single to be released under the new partnership is "The Woman You Love" featuring newly signed Cash Money rapper, Busta Rhymes. The Jerry Wonder-produced track (below) is now available on iTunes.
"I'm so excited to have my own record label, Written Entertainment. With eOne as my distributor, I feel that their innovative and ambitious approach to the music industry, really gives my label a worldwide presence," Ashanti says via a press release. "They have the top radio people in the business and are hungry to win! The more I learned the business the more I knew this is what I wanted. Ownership is so important. As a business woman this was a great move for me!"
EOne Music president, Alan Grunblatt, adds: "eOne is proud to have a partnership with Ashanti and her label Written Entertainment. Ashanti truly has the independent entrepreneurial attitude that eOne was built on, and we're thrilled to be working with her."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR