Ashlee Simpson Files for Divorce From Pete Wentz
9:07 AM PST 2/9/2011 by Mark Cina
Citing 'irreconcilable differences,' she is seeking joint custody of their son Bronx, 2, and wants spousal support.
Ashlee Simpson has filed for divorce from husband Pete Wentz.In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, she cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce, according to TMZ. Simpson, who is asking for joint custody of their son Bronx, 2, is seeking spousal and child support. She is being represented by Laura Wasser; Wentz is represented by Stacy Phillips. The two married in May 2008. In a joint statement, the two said: "After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our No. 1 priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film