Ashlee Simpson Files for Divorce From Pete Wentz
9:07 AM PST 2/9/2011 by Mark Cina
Citing 'irreconcilable differences,' she is seeking joint custody of their son Bronx, 2, and wants spousal support.
Ashlee Simpson has filed for divorce from husband Pete Wentz.In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, she cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce, according to TMZ. Simpson, who is asking for joint custody of their son Bronx, 2, is seeking spousal and child support. She is being represented by Laura Wasser; Wentz is represented by Stacy Phillips. The two married in May 2008. In a joint statement, the two said: "After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our No. 1 priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR