Ashley Olsen Says No More Acting
"Full House" star turned fashion industry titan is open to returning to film in non-acting role.
Ashley Olsen left acting for the world of fashion eight years ago, and now says she has no desire to return to the big screen.
Olsen told Elle U.K. it felt right when she and twin sister Mary-Kate Olsen left acting at 18 to attend college. Since then, the two have launched clothing lines worn by the likes of First Lady Michelle Obama and built a fashion empire valued at $1 billion.
"I don't have to be a pretty face," Olsen said. "I've done that, but now it's important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don't like to be the centre of attention anymore.”
Olsen added that she may return to the film industry someday, but not as an actress.
“It doesn't mean I'm not interested in Hollywood. I like the way it operates and the people who are involved and the sense of possibility,” she said.
Olsen hasn’t worked in film since 2004’s New York Minute, but the family continues to have on-screen talent. The twins’ younger sister Elizabeth Olsen received acclaimfor her role in Martha Marcy May Marlene. Mary-Katehas taken roles without her twin since 2006. She last appeared in a supporting role in 2011’s Beastly.
Of Mary-Kate’s continued interest in acting, Olsen said the twins gravitate toward different things, but “arrive at the same place.”
“It's basically one thought process shared between two people," Olsen said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR