'Book of Mormon' Star in Talks to Play Steve Wozniak in Ashton Kutcher Steve Jobs Movie
Josh Gad is circling the role of the Apple co-founder in "Jobs."
Josh Gad, best known for his starring role in the Tony-winning musical The Book of Mormon, is in talks to portray Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak in Jobs, the indie biopic starring Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Joshua Michael Stern is directing the pic, which is looking to shoot in May. The movie is being produced and financed by Five Star Institute's Mark Hulme.
The film will chronicle Jobs' meteoric rise from Northern California hippie to co-founder of Apple.
Wozniak founded Apple with Jobs and designed the operating systems for its early computers. While the two worked together very closely, Jobs eventually pushed Woz, as he was nicknamed, away, while the engineer grew frustrated with Jobs’ increasingly single-minded behavior.
The $5 million indie is eyeing a Texas shoot.
Gad’s last feature was a role in Love and Other Drugs. He is repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack