Ashton Kutcher Wants 'Two and A Half Men' Character to Play Fantasy Football
The actor, who is an avid player in his own life, said it was “kind of necessary” for his character.
Ashton Kutcher’s love of fantasy football known no end.
The Two and a Half Men star, who leads the list of Hollywood's Biggest Fantasy Football fans in this week's THR cover story, “What Fantasy Football Means to Hollywood,” has been involved in the sport for many years.
Now, he wants his character on Two and a Half Men to share his passion.
The actor called in to the SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio channel on Monday to talk about the upcoming NFL season with host Nathan Zegura. When asked about his first taping for Two and a Half Men, Kutcher said the show was going well.
“I think it’s going to be pretty epic. I’m pretty excited about it,” Kutcher said. “I’m trying to convince the writers to let the character be a fantasy football player. I think it’s kind of necessary, I really do.”
Kutcher has played in a real-life league with his wife, Demi Moore, Punky Brewster's Soleil Moon Frye, American Pie's Shannon Elizabeth and Danny Masterson, Kutcher's friend from That 70's Show, according to The Hollywood Reporter’s cover story.
Kutcher will play Internet billionaire named Walden Schmidt on Two and a Half Men when the ninth season premiers in the fall. Kutcher was hired after actor Charlie Sheen was fired from the show following a series of personal problems forced the show to go on hiatus from filming.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Chris Evans & Emily VanCamp Premiere 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' in Hollywood!
- Vanessa Hudgens Channels Yoko Ono at Alessandra Ambrosio's Fashion Line Launch!
- Who Went Home on 'American Idol' Tonight? Top 10 Revealed!
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Pregnant Body in Lace Dress at 'Captain America 2' Premiere!