Asia featured at Montreal fest
50 Asian films to feature at fantasy event
HONG KONG -- Japanese and Korean films take the biggest bow this week at Fantasia in Montreal, reputed to be the biggest fantasy festival in North America.
The event, which has been extended by two days to include its bulging lineup, opens Thursday with Miike Takashi's "Yatterman" and includes 50 Asian movies in its 115 title presentation, running from July 9 to 29.
Asian highlights include the North American premiere of Park Chan-wook's "Thirst," South Korea's Rotterdam prize-winner "Breathless" by Yang Ik-june, Ning Hao's "Crazy Racer" and a 13-title special section documenting the history of Japan's erotic film genre or "pinku eiga" aka "Pink Movies."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR