AT&T Replaces Amex as Tribeca Film Fest's Presenting Sponsor
The festival co-founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff also unveiled its 2014 dates.
The Tribeca Film Festival and AT&T have inked a new multiyear deal that sees AT&T replace American Express as presenting sponsor of the annual festival.
Co-founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, the festival also announced that its 13th incarnation will run April 16-27, 2014.
"AT&T has incredible passion for innovation, culture and community -- the same values that have driven the Tribeca Film Festival since the beginning," Rosenthal said in a statement. “Our sponsors provide critical support and enhance the festival experience for filmmakers, the community, artists and industry, and this collaboration with AT&T will allow us to bring new experiences to audiences and forge new connections between consumers and filmmakers. New York and the downtown community have always been at the core of the festival, and we are delighted to have the support of such a terrific corporate citizen so deeply committed to our city and storytellers."
Now in its second decade, the Tribeca Film Festival celebrates global filmmakers – from American independent voices to established directors from Hollywood and worldwide – and explores the technology and trends that represent the future of storytelling.
In addition to sponsoring the festival, AT&T will present a variety of public programs, including a new initiative in which AT&T will host a day of free screenings for the public. AT&T also will sponsor one of the festival’s pillar community events, the Tribeca Drive-In series, which welcomes thousands of visitors each year to free outdoor screenings of new movies and classics on the Hudson River.
AT&T’s relationship with Tribeca began in 2011 as the lead sponsor of the Tribeca Film Institute’s Youth Screening Series and annual benefit and continued as a signature sponsorship of the 2013 festival. American Express, which has been TFF’s presenting sponsor since the festival’s founding, will return as a signature sponsor for 2014.
"We are so excited to take on the role of presenting sponsor and to marry AT&T's innovation and technology leadership with the wonderful creativity and imagination of Tribeca's storytellers," said Cathy Coughlin, AT&T senior executive vp and global marketing officer at AT&T Inc. "We will make this the most interactive film festival in the country, where visitors not only watch movies, but experience them in ways they never imagined."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game