Atlantic fest jury honors Falardeau drama
'It's Not Me, I Swear!' wins top jury prize
TORONTO -- Philippe Falardeau's "C'est pas moi, je le jure!" (It's Not Me, I Swear!) grabbed the top jury prize at the Atlantic Film Festival on Friday.
The French-language family drama also gave Antoine L'Ecuyer the best actor prize for his star turn as a 10-year-old rascal whose favorite hobbies include failed suicide attempts and vandalism.
Denis Villeneuve's "Next Floor," which earned the festival's Canadian short film trophy, while Marie-Josee Saint-Pierre's "Passages" secured an honorable mention.
The best actress trophy went to Karen LeBlanc for her role in Charles Officer's "Nurse, Fighter Boy."
Other winners include the best Atlantic film award for Justin Simms' "Down to the Dirt."
The Atlantic Film Festival's audience award will be unveiled Saturday at the closing-night event.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR