Atlantic Records' Aaron Bay-Schuck Promoted to SVP, A&R
The Los Angeles-based executive signed Bruno Mars, who has sold more than 5 million albums and over 45 millions singles to date.
Aaron Bay-Schuck has been promoted to svp, A&R at Atlantic Records.
Chairman and CEO Craig Kallman along with chairman and COO Julie Greenwald made the announcement, describing Bay-Shuck as “an A&R talent in the great tradition of Atlantic Records, who has artist development in his blood” and “an integral part” of the label’s success.
Bay-Schuck, who is based in Atlantic’s Los Angeles office, started at the label in 2004 as an A&R assistant. He has since signed Grammy winner Bruno Mars, whose debut, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, has sold more than five million albums and over 45 million singles to date, and generated two No. 1 Hot 100 hits.
Said Bay-Schuck: "I look at the chance to do A&R not as a job but as a privilege -- an even greater privilege is getting to do it at Atlantic Records where the history and tradition of great songs and career artists is so deep-rooted. Craig and Julie have been extraordinary mentors and have given me every opportunity to pursue my passion of making records and cultivating talent. I could not be more excited to begin this next chapter."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!