Atom Egoyan's 'Devil's Knot' Added to San Sebastian Lineup
The film with Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon about the West Memphis Three murders joins the official selection of the Spanish festival.
Madrid – Academy Award-nominated director Atom Egoyan's film Devil's Knot will be judged in the official section of next month's San Sebastian film festival, organizers announced on Wednesday.
About the 1993 "West Memphis Three" murders and starring Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon, the film joins Bosnian director Jasmila Žbanić's For Those Who Can Tell No Tales and Austrian director Götz Spielmann's Oktober November as the festival's latest picks.
A few remaining films in the section, plus the closer, have yet to be announced.
Previously announced for the official section are Las Brujas de Zugarramurdi by Alex de la Iglesia, Canibal by Manuel Martin, Enemy by Denis Villeneuve, La Herida by Fernando Franco, Vivir Es Facil con los Ojos Cerrados by David Trueba, Club Sandwich by Fernando Eimbcke, Mon Ame par Toi Guerie by Francois Dupeyron, Pelo Malo by Mariana Rondon, Quai d'Orsay by Bertrand Tavernier, The Railway Man by Jonathan Teplitzky and Le Week-End by Roger Michell.
Las Brujas stars veteran Spanish actress Carmen Maura, best-known in the U.S. for her role in Pedro Almodovar's Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, who will receive a Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award during the festival.
The festival will run from Sept. 20-28.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR