Audi Responds to Eminem Lawsuit Over Commercial
The German car manufacturer says the video in question is not an advertisement.
Audi has responded to a lawsuit filed by Eminem's publishing company, Eight Mile Style LLC.
According to representatives for the rapper, Audi used an unauthorized sample of Eminem's "Lose Yourself" in a commercial for its new 2012 Audi A6 Avant. Chrysler had used the same song in its "Imported from Detroit" Super Bowl campaign for the Chrysler 200, which Eminem starred in.
STORY: Eminem Sues Audi Over Use Of 'Lose Yourself' in Car Commercial
However, a U.S. spokesperson for Audi insists that the video is not a commercial.
"The video referred to is not an advertisement," he said in an email to Yahoo! Music. "Also, this does not involve Audi of America. The video was not shown here in the U.S."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR