'August: Osage County' Cast to Be Honored at Italy's Capri, Hollywood Fest
The film will have its Italian premiere Dec. 30 at the end-of-year island festival.
ROME – Organizers of the Capri, Hollywood Film Fest said Monday that the event would honor the cast of John Wells' star-studded dramatic comedy August: Osage County with the festival's best acting ensemble prize.
The film will have its Italian premiere at the festival Dec. 30, just before the awards ceremony. The film, which opens in the U.S. on Christmas Day, will go into wide release in Italy on Feb. 6, 2014.
August: Osage County, which tells the tale of a group of women who return to their native Oklahoma after a family crisis and is based on an award-winning Broadway hit from Tracy Letts, features a deep cast that includes Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and Ewan McGregor.
The film's ensemble cast was previously honored at the Hollywood Film Awards in October.
The film joins a Capri, Hollywood lineup that already includes Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave and American Hustle from David O. Russell. The festival's full lineup will be announced later this month.
The 18-year-old Capri, Hollywood event, which takes place on the picturesque island of Capri, straddles two years each time around, starting Dec. 27 and concluding Jan. 2, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10