Aurelio De Laurentiis receives Italian honor
Giorgio Napolitano presents Knights of Labor honor
ROME -- Italian film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis on Friday was presented with the Knights of Labor honor from the country's president Giorgio Napolitano.
De Laurentiis, 59, is head of the successful production company Filmauro and a member of Italy's best-known cinema industry families.
But he is not the first member of the family to be honored with Italy's highest civilian honor: Luigi, Aurelio's father, was so honored in 2000, and his uncle Dino received the same honor in 1966 -- both for their work in the cinema industry.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR