'Austenland' Trailer: Keri Russell Looks for Her Own Mr. Darcy
The Sony Pictures Classics film focuses on a woman obsessed with the "Pride & Prejudice" heartthrob.
A little more than a month before it hits theaters in New York and L.A., the trailer for the Keri Russell-starring Sundance pickup Austenland has debuted online.
The romantic comedy, co-starring Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour and Flight of the Conchords' Bret McKenzie, focuses on a seemingly normal New Yorker, played by Russell, who's obsessed with Jane Austen's novels, particularly Pride & Prejudice and its heartthrob Mr. Darcy.
Russell's character embarks on a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-crazed women and, as she takes on the role of a Regency-era woman, she wonders whether she'll find her own Mr. Darcy.
The movie was directed and co-written by Jerusha Hess, who co-wrote Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre with her husband, director Jared Hess. Austenland also is produced by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer.
Austenland debuted at Sundance, where it was acquired by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions for more than $4 million. Sony Pictures Classics releases the film in New York and L.A. on Aug. 16.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR