Austin’s Hot Attractions
The Texas capital is primed for South by Southwest with a slew of acclaimed new restaurants, the opening of the W Austin and a new Austin City Limits music venue.
The entertainment world’s love affair with Austin keeps heating up: Drew Barrymore is rumored to have just bought a house in the city, whose full- and part-time residents include director Richard Linklater, Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey. True Grit, The Tree of Life and Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World have recently filmed here. And this month, the Texas capital becomes the industry’s No. 1 destination as South by Southwest takes over the city from March 11-20. Between the hundreds if not thousands of showcases and screenings, here are some of the best new spots to check out in the self-proclaimed Live Music Capital of the World.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR