AV pictures gets 'Primal'
Anthropology horror pic rights include Europe, Australia
HONG KONG -- World rights to Australian horror film "Primal" have been picked up by U.K. sales agent AV Pictures.
The picture, about a group of anthropology students who are hunted down after they uncover an ancient rock painting, is a feature directing debut for former gaffer Josh Reed.
AV has rights including Australia and will open the film for business at next February's European Film Market. But the producers already secured "six-figure (dollar) sales" from sales to smaller territories based on a show reel at this month's AFM.
"People all over the world love getting the s**t scared out of them, we’re happy to help!" said Nigel Christensen, producer and co-writer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR