'Avatar' Actor Wes Studi Arrested for Drunk Driving
Officers say he was arrested while at a stop sign on Friday morning in a car with two front tires blown out.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Actor Wes Studi, from Avatar, Dances with Wolves and The Last of the Mohicans, has been arrested for aggravated drunken driving in New Mexico.
Santa Fe police say Studi was arrested 1 a.m. Friday while at a stop sign. The actor was in a car with two front tires blown out.
Officers say Studi refused a breath, field and blood tests. He was booked into jail on an aggravated DWI charge.
In April, Studi became the second Native American inducted into the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum's Hall of Great Western Performers in Oklahoma City.
He is also known as the Navajo detective Joe Leaphorn in the made-for-TV movies based on mysteries by the late New Mexican writer Tony Hillerman.
It was not known if he had an attorney.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR