'Avatar' tops 'Titanic' record in U.S.
6:46 AM PST 2/3/2010 by Carl DiOrio, AP
Cameron epic totals $601.1 million as of Wednesday
James Cameron's "Avatar" has completed its three-part flight into history, surpassing a domestic boxoffice record that's stood since the filmmaker's "Titanic" completed its theatrical run in 1998.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile