'Avengers' Actress Cobie Smulders Joining DreamWorks' 'Starbuck'
She is in negotiations for the Vince Vaughn comedy.
Cobie Smulders, one of the stars of How I Met Your Mother, is in negotiations to join the cast of Starbuck, DreamWorks’ English-language remake of the French-Canadian comedy.
Vince Vaughn is starring as a man whose life is turned upside down when he learns he has fathered 533 children through sperm donation. When a few hundred of the children express an irrepressible need to meet their father, he must decide whether to step up and reveal his identity.
Chris Pratt is also in the cast.
Smulders will play Vaughn’s pregnant girlfriend who has heard of the Starbuck story but has no idea that Vaughn is the man behind the myth.
Ken Scott, who wrote and directed the original, is writing the script for the English-language studio adaptation and will direct.
Smulders, repped by UTA and Gang Tyre, is coming off the high-profile appearance as SHIELD agent Maria Hill in this summer’s smash The Avengers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR