'Avengers' Co-Star Clark Gregg Joins Jason Reitman's 'Labor Day' (Exclusive)
The actor who played Agent Phil Coulson in the blockbuster superhero team-up is set to join the "Up in the Air" director's next movie.
Clark Gregg, who plays Agent Coulson in The Avengers, is joining the cast of Paramount’s Labor Day, the latest project from Oscar-nominated director Jason Reitman.
Reitman wrote the script from the Joyce Maynard novel and is directing the drama, which revolves around a boy (Gattlin Griffith) and his divorced mother (Kate Winslet) who meet a stranger (Josh Brolin) during a Labor Day weekend and offer him a ride. The man turns out to be an escaped convict and ends up teaching the boy life lessons.
James Van Der Beek is also in the cast.
Character details for Gregg were not disclosed, and Paramount had no comment on the dealmaking.
Gregg has appeared as the popular government operative known as Agent Coulson in four of the five Marvel Studios movies. He also starred with Julia Louis-Dreyfus on TV’s The New Adventures of Old Christine, and his recent film credits include Mr. Popper’s Penguins and (500) Days of Summer.
He is repped by UTA, 3Arts Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR