Fans Snap Up $40 Tickets to Special 'Avengers' Marvel Movie Marathon
The May 3 event -- capped by the first midnight showings of "The Avengers" -- is already sold out at 10 of AMC Entertainment's 10 largest theaters.
Fans are so eager to see The Avengers they are willing to sit through five of Marvel's previous films first.
AMC Entertainment announced Thursday it is hosting the Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon on May 3 at select theaters across the country, and that 10 locations are already sold out. The $40 event culminates with the midnight debut of Disney and Marvel's 2012 summer tentpole The Avengers, which opens around the globe on May 4.
Tickets are $40 for the event, which also features Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger -- featuring the characters who come together for Avengers.
"In just three weeks since advance tickets went on sale, the response from Marvel fans and AMC guests have been tremendous -- selling out screenings across the country," AMC president of film programming Robert J. Lenihan said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR