'The Avengers' Get Video Games from Ubisoft
The new Xbox 360 and Wii U game "Battle for Earth" is based on the Marvel comic book property, not the new movie.
This fall, gamers will be getting a double dose of The Avengers. Ubisoft will release an Xbox 360 and Wii U version of Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth, which is based on the Marvel comic book characters, not the Disney blockbuster movie. The game is expected to launch in the same window of the anticipated Blu-ray and DVD release from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
Developed by Ubisoft Quebec, the new game is set within the “Secret Invasion” comic series, which pits Captain America, Iron Man and the other Avengers against an alien race called the Skrull. The game, which will feature more than 20 characters from the Marvel Universe, has been designed to take advantage of the motion sensor capabilities of Kinect and Wii U.
“For the last few years, Marvel has positioned itself to deliver the absolute best in entertainment, be it in film, animation, comics or games,” said Andreea Enache-Thune, senior vice president of games and digital distribution at Marvel. “Partnering with Ubisoft is a big part of that ongoing movement. We are confident that Ubisoft’s talent matches Marvel’s own commitment to making the Avengers: Battle for Earth the best in the motion-controlled gaming category.”
Tony Key, U.S. senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft, said fans of the Marvel universe and super hero games are going to love the extensive combinations of characters, motion-controlled moves and competitive gameplay.
The omission of PlayStation 3 and portable devices from this game opens up the possibility of additional games based on The Avengers from Ubisoft. Separately, Disney Interactive Media Group has been rumored to be developing a game based within the film universe. And comic fans will also have access to The Avengers and other Marvel characters in the upcoming massively multiplayer online (MMO) game from Gazillion, Marvel Heroes.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott