Average Movie Ticket Price for 2010 Was $7.89
The average cost jumped to $8.01 in the fourth quarter due to the premium price of 3D tickets.
The average movie ticket price for 2010 ended up being $7.89, after the average cost jumped to $8.01 in the fourth quarter.
It was the first time that the cost of admission ever jumped the $8 mark.
The National Assn. of Theater Owners calculates the yearly ticket price based on the quarter averages. The average cost in the first quarter of 2010 was $7.95, but dipped to $7.88 in the second, and $7.71 in the third.
The average ticket price in 2009 was $7.50. Year-over-year, the 2010 average price of $7.89 represented a 5.2% increase.
Helping to drive the higher cost were 3D films, which charge a premium.
Over the past five years, ticket prices have consistently been up 4% to 5% year-over-year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR