Average Movie Ticket Price Rises to $8.13 in 2013
In 2012, the average price was $7.96, according to the National Association of Theatre Owners.
The average price of a movie ticket increased slightly over the past year to $8.13.
Moviegoers who picked up a ticket in the fourth quarter of 2013 shelled out an average of $8.35, according to the National Association of Theatre Owners.
One blockbuster title that was released in the pricier 3D format in the fourth quarter was Gravity, which has grossed over $250 million domestically since its release.
Over the summer, ticket prices increased to an all-time high of $8.38 before falling slightly to $7.34 in the third quarter.
Ticket prices also increased year-over-year from 2012 to 2013. In 2012, the average price was $7.96.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR