Avon names Witherspoon global ambassador
Reese Witherspoon is now an Avon lady. The Oscar-winning actress has been selected as the company's first-ever global ambassador.
Witherspoon, 31, will serve as honorary chairman of the Avon Foundation, which focuses on the issues of breast cancer, domestic violence and emergency relief.
She will also be a spokeswoman for Avon Products Inc.'s beauty brands and sales representatives, it was announced Wednesday.
Terms of her multiyear agreement weren't disclosed.
"I'm very excited about working with the Avon Foundation, with many different aspects of it," Witherspoon said at a press conference. "First and foremost, breast cancer research and awareness, programs that they're working on. Someone very close to me is a breast-cancer survivor. It's a cause that's very close to my heart."
Witherspoon won the best-actress Oscar in 2006 for her role as June Carter Cash in "Walk the Line." Her film credits also include the "Legally Blonde" movies, "Election" and "Sweet Home Alabama."
"As long as I can remember, we've had Avon ladies in my family's life," she said. "I was even talking to my mother this morning and we were talking about who was our Avon representative when we were growing up and she was like, 'Dolores, of course!"'
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)