Avril Lavigne Announces Long-Awaited Fourth Album, Slams Label in Letter to Fans
Avril Lavigne's fourth studio album is finally getting closer to a release date. The follow up to 2007's The Best Damn Thing has been mired in delays, though it's been finished for well over a year. In a letter to her fans, Lavigne slammed her record label, RCA, for holding up the music.
"This has been a really difficult record for me to create and to release," she wrote. "Not only is this the most meaningful and special record I have written, it is sincere, honest and close to my heart. But for the first time I experienced a bunch of bureaucratic BS... People do their best work when they are doing what they want, love and is natural for them, not when you are forcing them to be something that they are not."No release date has been set, though Lavigne mentioned that the album's first single, called "What the Hell," will be out in January 2011. An accompanying video will be shot in two weeks, she revealed. "This song is the least personal song to me off this album," Lavigne, who is divorced from Sum 41 singer Deryck Whibley, shared. "It's a fun and funny anthem. It has a broad message about personal freedom. It is the most pop track on the record." RCA had no comment on Lavigne's letter.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!